On Mar 24, 2004, at 15:00, Wes James wrote:

On Mar 24, 2004, at 11:21, Jason R. Mastaler wrote:

Wes James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I am new to tmda and I have it working on osx panther server with
its default setup of postfix and cyrus imap

[...]

Why does it take an unknown/unconfirmed e-mail to come in to trigger
the first message to get delivered.

This appears to be due to a bug in the Postfix that ships with OS X. See http://mla.libertine.org/tmda-users/2004-03/msg00162.html

<snap>

I just did some tests and mailq showed the message I was looking for. I did postfix flush and it came through.

osx.3.3 server
postfix (default install with server)
cyrus (default with server)
tmda-unstable-2004 with lmtp patch

I guess I'll try doing a cron job and do postfix flush every couple of minutes and see what happens....

wes

Yep, this did the trick:

*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/postfix flush

wj