Mark Nernberg wrote:

I want to run two instances of tmda-ofmipd.

One would listen on my public IP address and authenticate against the IMAP
server running on the system.  I'm already doing this with no problem.

The other would listen on the loopback (localhost) interface, and only
receive/transmit mail for one or two agents running on the system.  It does
not need to handle authentication at all.  I'm using some "dumb" software
which doesn't handle SMTP AUTH correctly, and in fact, because
authentication will have taken place for program access, it isn't necessary.

How can I set up an instance of tmda-ofmipd to not require any AUTH, but to
simply relay the message given it into Postfix?

Why do you want to run TMDA for the internal processes to send mail anyway? This wouldn't make sense, unless you perhaps want to use the TMDA outgoing filter to produce e.g. tag/hash'd addresses or something?

Anyway, if your internal software supports it, you can get it to call the tmda-sendmail utility instead of transmitting via SMTP - just like using /usr/bin/sendmail to send mail.

tmda-ofmipd I believe always requires authentication, if for no other reason that determining which user's filter/key/config to use for the mail processing (you can easily configure it to use an authentication system that will accept any password with a bit of hacking) but that won't solve your problem of being unable to use SMTP AUTH.

--
Stephen Warren, Software Engineer, Parama Networks, San Jose, CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          http://www.wwwdotorg.org/pgp.html