I had exactly the same problem, this is related to the way TMDA handles
virtualdomains, it expects to find in /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
the correct mapping to the UNIX account  name that's responsible for the
domain mail handling.
If you use vpopmail (as i do)  you will find that the virtualdomains
file doesn't contain the unix account name, instead vpopmail (and qmail)
will map the user under virtualdomains to a line into the
/var/qmail/users/assign file
I've modified /usr/lib/python-2.4/site-packages/TMDA/Util.py to make
tmda-ofmipd work under vpopmail.
Find the patch at http://rootshell.be/~elfarto/tmda-vpopmail-Util.py.patch
I hope someone takes this patch improves and gets it into the TMDA
source tree ASAP.
I'm no coder at all but i think that without this patch  tmda-ofmipd is
broken under qmail/vpopmail setups.

Gerardo Arceri.