On 1/10/06 3:31 PM, "Bob Keyes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Help! SpamCop is blacklisting me because of the interaction of tmda and
> their spam-trap email addresses. Evidently, some spammers are using these
> addresses as their forged sender address, and when TMDA replies, spamcop
> counts that as a strike against me.

Why not filter through your mail server logs for the spamtrap addresses?
Then block email to them from your SMTP server -- in addition to blocking
those addresses as sender addresses.

With Postfix, that is a piece of cake.  (Or easy as pie ... whichever you
prefer.  Me, I like cake.)

>The only thing I can think of right now is to start using a different IP
> address for my outgoing SMTP. I can do this, I have most of a class C
> available. I just don't want to have to patch qmail to do this. In any
> case, this would only be a temporary solution.

Along with my previous advice: get rid of qmail.  It is not really
maintained, and patches aren't the right way to do it anyway.

--
Mark J. Nernberg
System Administrator

For technical support issues, please email [EMAIL PROTECTED]