Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am trying to use a cc tag action in the outgoing filter like this:
        to echo@<some.host> tag
                from    extension=testing
                cc      extension=tester
with a message that includes a Cc: line with a target other@<other.host>
The outgoing log indicates that the filter is taken for echo, but of
course not for other.

When I send the message with the above filter without the "cc" action in
it, both recipients receive a message that contains a Cc: line with the
target. However, if I send the same message with the "cc" action in the
filter, two things happen:
 * echo gets a message that contains a Cc: line with an address that is
   constructed from the name and hostname of the sender plus the proper
   tag, as I would have expected
 * other gets a message that contains NO Cc: line
>From various additional experiments I have concluded that the tag actions
will *replace* the identified header line according to the specified
action for any header field specified, as opposed to modify the existing
header line, and more importantly, it looks like the header line(s) in
question are removed for any recipients that are processed *after* the
recipient that caused the filter action.

I like the capability to force certain header lines for a filtered
recipient. My questions are:
 * is my interpretation of how these tag filter actions work correct?
 * what is the rational, if this isn't an spurious behavior, for the
   arbitrary removal of header lines for the remaining unfiltered
   recipients?
 * is there a way to preserve the header lines in question for recipients
   that are processed after the filtered one?

Thanks, AG