Stephen Warren wrote:
> Bill Shupp wrote:
>>
>>> I removed the directory called
>>> "uninstall/%\(Parent\)s/.qmail-%\(User\)s-default/", and re-tried
>>> uninstalling, but the file still exists.  I also experimented with
>>> commenting out things in the uninstall/anomolies file, but to no avail.
>>>  Any other suggestions?  Are these directories read dynamically, or do I
>>> need to recompile?
>> Ok, it appears to work if I remove
>> skel//%\(Parent\)s/.qmail-%\(User\)s-default/, .qmail-user-default, and
>> the .tmda/ and TMDA_Restore.tgz files at the same time.  Meaning, if
>> tmda files were installed when the parent file was in the skel
>> directory, you need to fully remove all that stuff for it to "forget"
>> about the previous skel contents.  That's why I was confused before.  I
>> tested, and recompiling is not necessary, just a clean removal.
>
> I don't 100% follow you here, but did want to check one thing (perhaps
> this isn't relevant for a virtual qmail installation)...

correct.

> Typically, you need a .qmail-xxx for the base address and a
> .qmail-xxx-default so that mail sent to any extension address (e.g.
> confirmation responses) are processed in the same way.
>
> It sounds like you simply aren't installing .qmail-xxx-default any more,
> which could cause problems?

Vpopmail doesn't need that.  In the base domain directory for any
particular domain, you have .qmail-default, which pipes all mail through
vdelviermail, vpopmail's delivery agent, which routes the message to the
correct Maildir.  If you have .qmail-username-default in the domain
directory, then vdelivermail is initially bypassed, and it's handled by
qmail-local.  Granted, the .qmail-username-default file does pipe the
message to vdelivermail, but its presence nullifies the chkuser patch,
which checks for local users BEFORE mail is allowed into the queue.
That's the only issue for me.

Regards,

Bill

P.S.  I noticed that the "reply-to" address for this list does not go
back to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  If I don't hit "reply all", it will go
back to the sender.  It might be easier if reply-to was set to the list
itself, as it might help keep threads on the list.