just a thought...

if i setup a non-authoritive DNS server on the mail relay with a zone file for the |forward domain, i could add an MX pointing to our internal server thus avoiding a mail loop !

what do you guys think ?

On 7/25/06, Stephen Warren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dennis Kavadas wrote:
> my .qmail file on the relay is..
>
>   |preline -f /usr/local/tmda/bin/tmda-filter
>   |forward "$DEFAULT"@exchange.example.com <http://exchange.example.com>
>
> but our domino server will not accept email for "@ exchange.example.com
> <http://exchange.example.com>"
> it will only accept email for "@example.com <http://example.com >"
> can someone inlighten me please !

You'd have to edit the Domino configuration to make that work - that's
the reason the process isn't described in the TMDA documentation; it's
specific to each mail-server. I'm sure Domino has an option to say
"accept mail to the list of domains, and act like it was sent to this
main domain".