ok this is how it's done.
maybe it can be included in the howto.

Setup an MX for exhange.example.com (as you did for example.com) and point it to the hostname of the internal server (in this case domino)

Add a domain alias to the domino server called exhange.example.com

Edit /path/to/your/.qmail

|preline -f /usr/local/src/tmda/bin/tmda-filter -c /var/spool/tmda-imedia/config
|forward "$DEFAULT"@ exhange.example.com

Done.

On 7/26/06, Stephen Warren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dennis Kavadas wrote:
> just a thought...
>
> if i setup a non-authoritive DNS server on the mail relay with a zone
> file for the |forward domain, i could add an MX pointing to our internal
> server thus avoiding a mail loop !
>
> what do you guys think ?

That's unlikely to work, because the MTA (Mail Transfer Agent e.g.
Postfix) on the mail relay will probably see that it's configured to
accept mail for that domain (which it has to be, to apply TMDA
processing) and not even perform a DNS lookup.

As outline in the TMDA documentation, the way to do this is have the
TMDA server receive mail for domain.com, but then forward it to e.g.
mail.domain.com, which is the final Domino/whatever server, which is
configured to accept email to either domain.com (internal users
injecting mail) or mail.domain.com (mail filtered via the TMDA server).

If Domino really can't support that, then you're out of luck. I find
that unlikely though.

Anyway, your best avenue for support is Domino mailing lists.

Alternatively, maybe you can play games in postfix and somehow tag email
with some kind of filter and setup SMTP routing table to force the mail
off your server.

Either way, you'd be best consulting resources for Postfix/Domino/...
rather than TMDA.