On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 20:09 -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Rich Duzenbury wrote:
> > Ha, I thought it was solved.
> >
> > Now, the user confirms the message.  It gets delivered.  Perfect.  Just
> > as it should be.
> >
> > Next time they send another message, the are asked to confirm again!
>
> You probably didn't set the CONFIRM_APPEND variable, or your incoming
> filter doesn't check that file (or the filenames don't match).

Stuff was erroring out because I wasn't calling preline bofore trying to
call tmda-filter.  So, no return path.

I think I'm really close now, but still one nasty hairball.  Foreign
email comes in, generates the confirm e-mail.  Confirm e-mail is replied
to.  The original message gets delivered, and a 'confirmation accepted'
message is received by the foreign sender.  Just as things should be.

Everything seems great - until a few minutes go by and the original
sender gets a 'Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender", and
it's a copy of the confirm e-mail.

Also, the receiver gets the same mail over and over and over every few
minutes.

I think the problem is a mismatch in error codes.  If you recall I'm
running courier -> preline -> dspam -> maildrop -> tmda.

Now, tmda returns a 99 when an email needs to be confirmed, and I
believe that it goes back up the chain to maildrop.  When dspam gets it,
it must return it, or perhaps TEMPFAIL to courier.  I think dspam only
accepts 0 for success.

I have a number of these in the maillog:
dspam[15404] Delivery agent returned exit code
99: /usr/lib/courier/bin/maildrop -d rduz

Or, I could be completely wrong.

Advice greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Regards,