On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, David Hoffman wrote:

> To: Keith Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, tmda-users@tmda.net
> From: David Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Avalanche of SPAM
>
> I'm thinking of abandoning the reply function and
requiring senders to visit the web site to validate with a URL instead.

Sounds OK to me David. I think I'll use something like that
as well on my site. On the contact page I could put
something like:

To ensure that your email is delivered, please put this
number on a seperate line at the start of your email:

1590d03f99485bd8fac68320a0e6d605

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Then create a filter file called:

md5sum_accept

with the above number in it as a regex:

"1590d03f99485bd8fac68320a0e6d605"

then in .tmda/filters/incoming add the following line at
the top of the file, before the reject filters:

# acceptable md5sum regex matches for email body field
headers-file ~/.tmda/filters/md5sum_accept

Then at the end of the incoming filter file configure the
reject filters to block any other mail. Could put it on HOLD
while testing, maybe with something like:

# reject any other mail that gets this far
# store temporarily while testing action with 'hold'
# or forward to spam collection site
# with deliver=mail_addess
#to [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] hold