Well, I have found out the problem now. Checking the
/usr/local/tmda-1.0.3/templates directory, I find that tmda
uses the following line for the sender address:

From.US-ASCII: "%(FULLNAME)s" <%(recipient_address)s>

So checking the online docs for the FULLNAME configuration
variable tells me:

FULLNAME

Your full name.

Example:

FULLNAME = "John Doe"

Default comes from your environment or the password file.

So setting this variable in the tmda config file like
this:

FULLNAME = "Keith Roberts"

has fixed the problem. I guess that now I'm running FC6, it
was somehow is picking up the wrong username without this
variable being set up properly.

Kind Regards

Keith Roberts

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Keith Roberts wrote:

> To: tmda-users@tmda.net
> From: Keith Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Problem with from address
>
> Hi. I'm on tmda 1.0.3 and when I have it running properly I
> hope to upgrade to the latest version.
>
> When tmda sends out a confirmation message, the from header
> is like this:
>
> Me <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> As someone else on the list has commented, this looks like
> spam and can easily be deleted.
>
> TMDA never used to do this under SuSE 9.2
>
> I have gone over to Fedora Core 6 now. Since reactivating
> TMDA I get this strange behaviour with the from address, but
> only with confirmation messages sent by tmda.
>
> Ordinary email sent out does not appear to be doing this.
>
> Has anyone else on the list come across such behaviour with
> the confirmation messages?
>
> Regards
>
> Keith Roberts

http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

This email address is challenge-response protected with
http://www.tmda.net