Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:12 AM
Subject: [TMIC] bone problems

I think I remember my neurologist saying something about
that while I was in the hospital and asking him about future consequences from
all that prednisone he was giving me by I.V.

Several years after my TM event  my family physician ordered a bone density test
for me.  It showed that I was in the early stages of osteoporesis and he immediately
put me on Fosamax and told me to increase my calcium intake.  He will repeat this
bone density test next spring and see if anything has improved.

Those who are able to walk and stand will have less problems than those of us
who are in wheelchairs....because you use these bones to do those things.

Maybe Frank can weigh in on this for us.

Mary Eden