IT WAS THE VITAMIN C IN ORANGE JUICE I WAS ELUDING TO.  WHILE YOU ARE CHECKING, YOU MIGHT CHECK ON THE ELIMINATION VIA URINE OF DIGESTED FOODS AND VITAMINS AFFECTING THE ACIDITY OF THE URINE.

This electronic message is confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, you are hereby notified, that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this, transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended, recipient, please immediately notify me by reply electronic message and delete the message from your system.
IRS Circular 230 Notice: Any advice contained in this message was not written and is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties with respect to taxes that may be imposed upon the taxpayer.

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2/6/2006 10:22:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] stiffness and regression? bladder infections, UTI's - OJ IS ALKALINE!

To Robert Cook (Bob in Houston-Springs, TX.) - and anyone else who's interested:

What you say sounds logical, but is partially incorrect.

Yes, the urine needs to be acidic, but NO, and yes, OJ is acidic, but

orange juice is NOT acidic in the body

Citrus fruits/juices are some of the main things you eat/drink to make your body (& urine)more ALKALINE.  It sounds strange, but as the food is metabolized by the body, it leaves an ALKALINE ash, and consequently has an alkalizing affect on the body.  This is true of most fruits and vegetables.  Cranberries are one of the few exceptions.

Vitamin C, on the other hand, I believe, is usually acidic unless it's buffered, because of the ascorbic acid in it.  However, the acidity of vitamins is one thing I'm still seeking to verify, and haven't been able to find much on.

I, too, thought this sounded strange, and therefore it was one of the first things I sought to verify when I started my degree in nutrition.  My prof explained that though it's acidic outside of the body, it's effect on the body is alkalizing.

Sally

PS: ALKALINE foods are generally very good for the body, though, especially when healing, because most people are over-acidic, and many think that being over-acidic leads to disease.  I agree, and feel that my eating mostly alkaline foods, especially since the onset of my TM, has contributed to my healing.  (I may write more on this later if anyone is interested.)