Hi Linda, I don't post often, but read all the posts everyday.  I don't know how osteoporosis is for men, but I do know about seizures.  I had seizures for two years before my TM diagnosis (none since).  I was put on a number of medications (Febatol, Tegretol, Dilantin, Depakote) which I had allergic reactions to (rashes) when I tried to get to therapeutic dosages.  I was finally put on primidone, and that was discontinued when I was diagnosed with TM.  I have often wondered if the seizures were early signs of TM since I only passed out on my first seizure and only had jerking seizures from then on.  Once I got steroids by IV for 3 days, the seizures stopped.  I've had muscle spasms off and on, but no seizures.  My doctors don't know (at least can't explain) what the relationship was between the seizures and TM.  Interesting question.  Do your doctors have any explanations.

All my best, Roger - Kennewick, WA

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] osteoporosis

Well Patti, your post certainly made me think twice. I don't have an answer to your question, but I do know research has come a long way in treating osteoporosis. Do you know our ages, when TM came to live with us and menopause are the same?
I have not had a bone density test and I was having seizures for 2 years prior to being put on seizure medicine (Lamictal) and had no idea that osteo could be caused by anti seizure meds. I have to say now I am a little concerned. I have 2 doctor appts coming up - I will have to ask, I guess to relieve my mind - or give me something else to worry about  : - )

Please let us know what the doctor says.

Linda - Bothell, WA

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>