Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Questions about weaning off Neurontin

No, I wasn't on Medicaid.  I'm on Medicare.  I didn't have any prescription insurance at all last year.  Instead I received free meds from the drug manufacturers.  Now that Medicare has the new drug insurance program I am on that.  Since I have insurance for my meds I can no longer qualify for patient assistance programs through the drug manufacturers.  Medicare pays the first $2600 in meds (that's the total costs, not the copays).  Then I'm responsible for the next $3600 in costs.  My current meds total monthly cost is around $400.  That's too much for my meager income so I decided I needed to try to get the costs pared down before I reach that $2600 amount.  And I'm coming up on it very soon.

So you are on Lyrica?  How expensive is it?  How long have you been on it?  I take Baclofen and it's helping.

Sharon

Stacy Harim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I had a very hard time weaning off of the nuerontin.  Do it very slowly.  I did it the way the doctor told me to and started lyrica slowly at the same time and had severe headaches.  I would advise you to check and see how much the lyrica is.  That could help you with the cramping and numbness that wasn't there because you were on the nuerontin and the lyrica could help.

Was medicaid paying for your meds before the drug plan?  If so, you might be on the wrong plan because I only paid a few bucks for Neurontin.  I would go and investigate the drug plans and see which ones that have the lowest cost on your medications if you haven't done so.

I hope it all works out for you,

Stacy