Thanks so much for this, Jim, both for what you said and how you said it. I agree on every point you made (and I'm an independent Baptist :-))except that I haven't studied what you mentioned in the last paragraph, so i'm not sure what my opinion is on that yet. I was never so proud of Bush as when he had those children from frozen embryos around him and said, "These are not spare body parts."

I do wish those who disagree on this issue wouldn't resort to name calling and questioning the motives of those who do believe life begins at conception.

From what I have read the research on adult stem cells is much more promising than the media conveys.

Barbara H.