Hey Jude,
Jim did a wonderful  job  with his opinion but for me, it's just an issue from the heart I suppose.  Not religious, probably not a moral issue, just how I feel and no amount of facts will change it.
If it's possible to harvest my cells then bring it on.
Hope you are doing better these days
hugs
Gilly

Thank you Jim Lubin for a well thought out and documented opinion regarding the controversial topic of stem cell research.

You, if any one of us, are in the position to debate this issue as you have so much information and personal involvement in the most current events when it comes to spinal cord injuries and...

the cure now within reach.

I believe that a way will be found to use the medical breakthroughs at our disposal that will accommodate both sides of the issue.

There is too much at stake to simply give up trying to find a way to cure the World of diseases of all kinds.  When such a means is as close at hand as stem cells, that have been proven to do so much good, we must strive for ways to use their potential for good.

I have a question to propose.  At this time, abortions are legalized in most States, if not all (I don't know).  The fetuses and their life giving stem cells are currently simply disposed of.  Why is it wrong to use them to cure a person of a devastating disease?  Isn't it creating a positive out of a negative?  I'd like to know how people think when using stem cells are looked at   from this position.

Sorry for being so lengthy...
Peace To All,
Jude

--