When I had my first bout of TM I had a dream to eat lots of Brocoli.  I hate brocoli but I started juicing it everyday.  That way I did not have to taste it.  To me it was a message from GOD on how to heal myself.  I kept it up for about three years then let it go when my symptoms subsided.  You never know..
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Re: tmic-digest Digest V2006 #160

Hello Hildred,

I take Coumadin, and am monitored every 4 wks generally, unless I am having trouble keeping my INR numbers within desired range of 2.0 and  3.0.

I also find that it often doesn't relate to the leafy greens or broccoli that I have or have not eaten.  I cannot figure it out either, as that is what should be affecting it, anything with a medium to high Vitamin K count.

It's something that you may want to talk to your nurse or anti-coag person who monitors you.  I will do the same and we can compare notes, as it really concerns me as well as to why this happens.  Also, ask to have them send you a list of  foods that contain Vitamin K.  You'd be surprised at what foods have Vitamin K in them, and if you had a combination of them, well, maybe that's why.

You think that you are doing what you should by eating small portions of Vitamin K rich foods only a few days a week, and then BAM!  Low or high INR.

I'm not feeling all alone in the Coumadin business now..................

Hugs, Barbara A in Auburn A