From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:29 PM
To: tmic-list-at-eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] a milestone

I'm sitting at my computer resting from our perfect Labor Day weekend.
I rode a bicycle for 3 to 4 minutes yesterday.  Wow!
It was a goal I set for myself and I was determined to do it. Bike
riding was one of the enjoyments TM took from me.
Sunday was the 3 yr anniversary of my last bike ride and I know my
balance problems are in my torso and legs, not in my brain.  I borrowed
a small bike that allowed my feet to firmly touch the ground when
sitting on the seat.  I took a deep breath and started riding toward 4
people who thought I was totally nuts.   I rode right past them with my
head held high and a grin on my face. I felt like I was flying! I quit
as soon as my muscles started cramping, but who knows what the future
holds.  I'm still soaring from that short ride.
(I still use a cane.)
Patti - Michigan