Hmm, then what about Recurring TM?  Is that not a second attack in a different part of the spine?  I should read about it on the Forum website.

Thanks Bobberino,

Heather in Calgary (and yes we had some rain mixed with wet 'snow' flurries today - Yuuuuuck.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: Brain stuff or not

Well, yes, from what I've heard as well, brain lesions are a sure reason for an MS dx.

On the other hand, I was also told that once there is a second attack in a different part of the spine, the dx changes from single sclerosis (TM) to multiple (two or more) sclerosis.
Ergo the change of dx.

The change of dx didn't upset us one bit.    It meant me missus qualified for the ABCs, and today, 325 injections later (I shudder at the 'real' cost), Da Boss is doing just fine, thankyew.....;>)

Hang in there, y'all........  Bobberino
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Re: (OT) Re: tmic-digest Digest V2006 #185

I find it odd that if there are no lesions on your brain that the doctors have determined that you now have MS.  I have been under the belief that lesions on the brain 'usually' is why the diagnosis changes from TM to MS.

I have a sister 3  yrs younger than myself who has MS.  Hers is the slow moving kind and she was officially diagnosed back in 1991 but feels she had it for many more years than that.  In 1991 she had her second 'attack' and the MRI at that time found the brain lesions which were not in her first MRI a few years prior to that.

{{{ Hugs to you}}} and a listening ear from all of us.

Heather in Calgary

Checked by AVG Free Edition.