Hi Anne:

I understand your problem.  I am "fortunate" to have my SSDI as well as a retirement check each month from my employer.  If I didn't have that additional income I would qualify for all kinds of help and services.  But since I am so lucky I get to pay high co-pays and I have to do without some of my meds.  Aren't we the lucky folks?  lol

I used to work in social services for the State of Arizona and I'm going to give you more stuff than you ever wanted and things I'm sure you've already tried.  I do have two other resources that might help you but I need to find the addresses for them.  I'll get that and send then later today.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Here in Arizona we have services available through our state social services office.  It's for people who are disabled and trying to stay out of a nursing home.  They have a different income standard than all other services here in Arizona and I would qualify for that one.  They have housekeeping services as well as nursing services.  Have you checked with your social services office (welfare, food stamps, health department)?   What about a state disability office?  Have you looked at this site:
The North Carolina Office on Disability and Health (you can get a list of staff to contact)   http://www.fpg.unc.edu/~ncodh/index.cfm

We also have a strong ABIL office (A Bridge to Independent Living).  Do you have that in your state?  It depends on the state but here in Arizona they will install safety equipment, ramps, and provide or help you find all kinds of services.  Here's the webpage link for the national org:

National Council on Independent Living   http://www.ncil.org/
To find out the contact information for the Statewide
Independent Living Council (SILC) in your state, contact:

Independent Living Research Utilization Project
The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research
2323 South Sheppard, Suite 1000
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 520-0232 (V); (713) 520-5136 (TTY)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.ilru.org

North Carolina State Resources   http://www.nichcy.org/stateshe/nc.htm
from that site I saw this:
Protection and Advocacy Agency
Allison Breedlove, Interim Executive Director
Governor’s Advocacy Council for Persons with Disabilities
1314 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1314
(919) 733-9250; (800) 821-6922 (in NC)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.gacpd.com

You also might try:     http://www.eldercare-solutions.com/

hugs))

Sharon

Sharon --from Arizona TM 1997 to MS 1998
It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line.  ~Ashleigh Brilliant
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MSersLife/