I just got a shiny new Quantum 600 from Pride Mobility. I like this chair a lot - it is more maneuverable than my manual and more narrow, too. But it weighs a ton; Betty cannot toss it into the station wagon. :)

We can't afford a van, wouldn't like the milage if we did, so we will keep the Subaru station wagon. I'm thinking of transporting it with a tailgate lift, using a cover to keep the snow/ice/rain off it.

I need some advice/feedback from those who have bought a lift. Which one? Am I on a correct path?

Alton, zapped in NH this morning by the latest killing frost I can remember 28°F this morning.