Hi Alton,

They did seem to cover most of the spasticity (banding) problems in the NINDS
information.  I could relate to quite a bit of it.

I know what you mean about the knee coming up to try and hit the chin except it
happens to me when lying on my side in bed.  Then the top knee jerks up to my
chest.  It does it several times then eventually settles down until the next
night.  It has lessened in frequency lately so am keeping my fingers crossed.

The worse part of the spasticity for me is the tone you mentioned.  I have it
continuously in my right buttock.   Every day there is a range of pain from a
tightness/stiffness with some pain to very painful -- depending on how active I
am.  It plays havoc on my ability to sit.  I have a variety of pillows,
blankets, cushions, etc., to sit on but I spend most of my day pacing or
eventually lying down.

Another bad one for me is the tight feeling around my ankles.  It feels like a
giant is doing his laundry and is wringing out his clothes!  :-)

Then last but not least are the muscle cramps.  That is some pain when the
calves and backs of the upper leg go into spasms.  I still can't figure out
why, when I curl my toes down on my left foot, I feel a pull/cramp at the very
top of that leg.  I guess it is the hamstring.

My nerves seem to be sending incorrect messages to various parts of my body.
When they did the evoked potentials tests, my legs jerked when they had the
electrical current going from my brain to my right wrist.  That was some
experience. Also, I had a buzz in my right ankle when they had my left one
hooked up.  Does anyone have an explanation for that phenomenon?

Thanks for the extra information re: spasticity, tone, etc.  I just wish I
could take some of the medication as it does wear me down every day.

Regards.

Louise