  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:28 AM
  Subject: Re: Fw: [TMIC] Re: You may get worse

  Dear Susan,   Wow, its been a long time.   I have been in Fla. for the
winter.   My core muscles couldnt get any stronger.  I have a personal trainer
twice a week in my fitness center and I go to aquatic therapy twice a week too.
Being in the water is the absolute best.  I walk backand forth holding on to a
floatationdevice that looks like a barbell. And do other various execises.  The
water is very easy on your joints.
       I walk as much as I can with the walker but still cannot stand on my
own.  But still I am getting stronger and can stand if  I lean one leg against
something.   My core is OK its my glutes and hamstrings that are almost gone
except for my right glute which seems to be firing a bit.  I have a power chair
now and an accessible van and I get around on my own.  I can drive with my leg
so that is great because even though I learned to use hand controls I hate them
and find it unnecessary.
      I now have a new shoe wardrobe.  You cannot believe how many fancy type
sneakers there are out there.  I particularly like the skechers which have one
strap going across (like Mary Janes).  My old shoes with high heels are long
gone.
      Have seen 2 more neuros in Fla.  Same conclusion.  Probably TM or maybe a
spinal cord stroke.  Doesnt matter what the dx is, same results - injury to the
spinal cord.
      Hope you are doing well and are getting around.  Keep in touch andlet me
know whats going on with you.
      Stay well,  Rosalie - now in Fla. but soon going up to NY for Passover -
then back to Fla and up to NY in May for the summer.