Jude, I think those reasons are all reasons why people don't  like things
forwarded to the TMIC (another reason is the fact that most of those  e-mail
forwards have been going around for years and many of us have seen most  of
them
dozens of times already.) I think most people don't forward things to  the TMIC
much any more except by accident or if they are new.

Away from the TMIC, I only forward things that I think are  particularly good
to people who I know like to receive them; I usually copy and  paste instead
of just hitting forward so the whole list of people's addresses  isn't'
forwarded on. I always check any story with snopes.com before sending to  make
sure
it is not a falsehood. I never send "sign this petition" e-mails  because
those just keep going around in cyberspace and never get anywhere -- if  I am
concerned about an issue I'll write my congressman or the company involved
directly. I do not forward anything that refers to luck or something good
happening
if you forward it or bad happening if you don't. I don't send back to  the
sender what they've forwarded to me -- I think the "if you receive this back
you have a lot of friends" types of forwards are kinda pathetic.

When receiving forwards I most often regard it as well-meaning  on the part
of the sender. I'll ask them to stop or take me off their list if  they send
something with off-color jokes or something anti-Christian, etc.  Otherwise I
just read it and delete.

I don't usually click on hyperlinks in e-mails any more  because that ploy is
often used as a "phishing" device -- you click on the link  and it takes you
to a place where your information is gathered. If you buy or  sell through
ebay or use Paypal, NEVER click on links in e-mails telling you  that there is
problem or your account has been suspended. That's a phishing  ploy to take
you to a false site to enter your information, credit card numbers,  etc., in
so
someone else can use it. If you get an e-mail like that always close  it and
then go to the ebay or Paypal sites and log in as usual and check your
account to see if there is a problem rather than clicking on a link in an
e-mail.

Barbara H.
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com/_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com/)

In a message dated 4/29/2007 10:39:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,