  From: Linda Egli
  To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 2:44 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] Reason for TM

  When I was dx with TM, my neuro told me never to have any kind of
immunization again.  So for me, no flu, pneumonia, or even any more tetanus
shots.
  Linda

  natalie mizenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hi Linda,
    I had a flu shot this year & I was trying to think if mine might have been
from that.  No one ask me (a dr.) if I had had a ful shot or anything like
that.  I'm kinda baffled no doctor tried to find out why I had gotten TM, (IF
there was a reason that we could know why).  Natalie

    Linda Egli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      I was told my TM was probably the result of my flu shot 11/03.  Had
intermittent numbness on the right side after that, but it always went away
until 2/04.  Then numbness & muscle weakness progressed from my toes to my
chest & was dx with TM by 4/04.

      natalie mizenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        To everyone w/ TM:
        Do most of you know why you got Transverse Myelitis?  I was not told a
reason why I had gotten it.  Even at Baylor University.  I don't recall anyone
asking me if I had been ill w/ anything prior to the TM.  I was just curious to
know how your drs. addressed you.  One leg was paralyzed after a fall on
December 13th and by Christmas I was totally paralyzed from T12 down.  It took
them too long to determine what I had; therefore, the steriods did not help;
although I also realize they don't always aid in recovery.  I was sent to a
rehab center w/ the one leg paralyzed and became totally paralyzed there.  They
should have had an accurate diagnosis before sending me to the 1st one; but
apparently the one they used was not accurate.  I know I was sent there too
soon.  And the second one I went to I was verbally abused and acquised of
saying things I did not say such as to an aide.  That is one reason I decided
to even leave my state for help and go elsewhere to Baylor.  I was treated
completely different there - it was certainly worth going there.  By the time I
returned home I had been gone for 3 months!!!   Natalie Mizenko

        in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

    Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel
and lay it on us.
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7
 hot CTA = Join Yahoo!'s user panel