Jude:
Through this whole ordeal with my daughter having TM, we have definitely
learned who are friends and family are. There have been people who I
have considered my best friends, but have yet to ever ask how my
daughter is doing. There are people who I thought were just
acquaintances and they have been there every step of the way through all
of this. Unfortunately, I think that some people just don't know how to
deal with people that have disabilities . I think that is so sad b/c you
guys are no different than the rest of us except that you have
limitations on what you can and can't do. It doesn't change who you
truly are. I will never forget the time, 2 years ago, when my daughter
was in Hershey Medical center and they released her for a few hours for
us to take her out in public to make sure that we could get around with
her and her wheelchair before we were able to take her home. We took her
to the Hershey Chocolate factory. The people that work there were the
most helpful people that we have ever come across, however, the people
that were visiting the gift shop were the most arrogant people. My
daughter was sitting in her wheelchair looking at a display and some
woman just walked right up between her and the display and stood there
as if she didn't even see my daughter there. I truly believe that
everyone should be required to take a course in school and have to use
the wheelchair, cane, crutches, each for a period of time so that they
can get a feel for what others have to go through. I never noticed
certain cracks in sidewalks, etc until my daughter was in the wheelchair
and on crutches. I never really noticed how some hospital gift shops had
their isles so close together that a wheelchair couldn't even fit
through. Things like that definitely start becoming more visible when
you deal with a disabled person.
Alright, there were my two cents.
Tracey L. Black
Certified Insurance Service Representative
Hockley & O'Donnell Insurance Agency
Phone - 717-334-6741, x 29
Fax - 717-334-3414

Thank you for providing information to us. Please beware that no
coverage is bound and no change to your insurance program is confirmed
until verified by a licensed agent during regular business hours. If you
do not hear from us within 1 business day, please re-contact us in case
your information has not been retained.