Rob
This is a good example of what Jude was talking about.  You are always upbeat
and because you are able to work full time it "seems" you have it better than
some of the rest of us.  However, that 24/7 TM pain and the fear of loosing
your balance in a crowd put you right back in my Boat.  I won't try to convince
you to use a cane since your description about it is right.  People don't make
eye contact
and I feel like I joined the older generation.  However, it's part of my public
life for now.  Yep, we put on the happy face for ourselves as well as others -
just to pretend things are ok .  It's nice not to have to pretend with tht TM
family

Patti - Michigan

---- Robert Pall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Dear Trudy,
    You have addressed and brought up my favorite topic! My greatest
frustrations and anxieties have been caused by my condition! I have
always felt that no one understands what i am going thru. This includes
my wife,children,friends and most of my Doctors. In some cases this is
because I try not to share with people and in other cases they do not
understand. Unless someone has walked in our shoes they cannot
understand what is in our heads. I may tell my wife my legs are hurting
me....what I really mean to say is that my legs are hurting more than
what is normal for me....my legs hurt 24/7....and yet after 10 years she
cannot or does not see the difference in what I am saying...I hope I am
not looking for sympathy( although that might not hurt every now and
then) simply understanding from someone who lives with me and sees me
everyday. She doesnt really understand and hopefully never will. I am
still terrified of crowds...I am able to walk but a small push or shove
can knock me off my feet......vanity keeps me from using a cane...I
guess I feel it is bad to be different and a cane makes me different and
"less" than normal.......this feeling may be rationally stupid...but I
cannot help how I feel and nothing anyone in the group says is going to
make me feel differently.
    Our condition makes our lives far more difficult and not being able
to talk about it makes it even harder. I appreciate the group and I know
I can talk here...even though our lives and how TM has treated us all
very differently makes each of our cases unique.
    Knowing that even if I try (which I have) to explain how I really
feel to my loved ones,friends and co-workers, they will never understand
truly frustrates me! But in my experience (10 years) there is nothing we
can do about it. Hard as it seems we must accept this reality and accept
we can do nothing about it.
    If anyone thinks I am wrong and or has a better way , than I am all
ears....but please do not tell me to have A "POSITIVE ATTITUDE" towards
my condition.....I am the one in this group who has always preached
staying positive and not giving in to the condition.....and I have not!
But that does not lessen the frustrations! I am 59 and have had this
condition since one week after my 50th birthday....and I still work full
time.....but not one day goes by where I don't long for the old
me.....and the older I get I accept that the cure (which is coming) is
going to be to late for me.So I just do the best I can everyday.....but
that does not make the sadness and frustrations go away...they simply
become part of your life.

Rob in New Jersey