Dear Barbara,
  How thoughtful of you!  I live in Arkansas and I'm totally paralyzed from T12
down.  My orthopedic dr. I feel waited to long to have a Medtronics Spinal Cord
Stimulator for my neck to be removed by a neurosurgeon so I could have an MRI.
He sent me to Rehab and left on vacation.  Then, he put me back in the hospital
when he returned as I was totally paralyzed on both legs this time.  Removal of
the stimulator, MRI showed transverse myelitis.  By the time I was diagnosed,
the steriods I had would not transverse it.  Natalie

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:       Hi Natalie,

  I just remembered another thing about sand, water, etc.  If you take a cruise
to the Caribbean (I can help you with one that would be good for you), there
are so many people that are so very willing to help with whatever your needs
may be.  When we got onto the private island that I am thinking of with the
wheelchair and huge sand wheels, there were a lot of men just standing there
waiting for people to need their services.  Of course we tipped these guys, but
they were happy to take me anywhere I wanted to go.  And it was great for Pete,
since they aren't always easy to maneuver.  It was worth the few dollars that
we gave them for their assistance.  I am sure that they'd be happy to help get
you into the water as well.  These things have a plastic mesh seat, so I''m
sure they could probably get you right up to the water.

  Natalie, do you walk at all or are you totally paralyzed?  And, where do you
live?  I'm determined to get you on a vacation of some sort.............

  Hugs, Barbara

  See what's free at AOL.com.

Got a little couch potato?