Hello all,

I'm back from a great time with the grandchildren in  Orlando.  It was touch
and go for the first day or two.  We were all  tired from the cross country
flight, arriving past midnight and the airlines  lost my wheelchair, yet again.

We had a very tight connection, only 40  minutes, so I didn't have them gate
check/retrieve it for me in Denver where we  connected, but asked them to
check it all the way through to Orlando.  When  we arrived in Orlando, the
chair
was left in Denver.  That took almost 2  hours to figure out, so by the time we
got into our rental car, with an airline  wheelchair, it was 3am.  Then,
after checking into our resort, almost 4am  before we could crawl into bed.  At
least our body clocks were on west  coast time, so not too bad.

The next day I was eager to hit Disney's Wild Animal Park, so  we arrived
around noon to a crowd of people and a lot of heat and  humidity.  My husband
was
cranky, as well as the youngest grandson.   Not the best way to start a
vacation, but it got better from there.  We  really enjoyed spending the time
with
them, and think they did too.  We are  all very lucky people to have each
other and to be able to spend special time  together.  We're looking forward to
some more time this summer, as we have  to work around the school calendar.
I've grown to hate that darned  calendar.

I bought some "croc type" shoes while away, and just love  them.  They are
sooooooooo comfy and lightweight.  Like walking on  air, no weight at all to
them.  I also wore them in the swim pool since my  feet are very sensitive to
the
pressure on the bottom of the pool.  The  shoes made the difference, and I
even managed to do some "faux swimming" in  them.  I never really learned how
swim, and now don't have the leg  strength to do so properly.  I have a lousy
kick, but even with the shoes  on, it didn't feel any different.  I highly
recommend them.  I bought  a generic brand, Sahara, for $12 in Orlando.  I was
chicken and got  the navy ones, but I think I'll invest in a colorful one next.
 My  left foot is the hottest, and it does feel a bit hot and sticky on the
bottom  only.  It's definately tolerable though, and the little nubby things on
the  sole don't bother at all.  I cannot wear the strap though, as the
fastener  irritates my ankle.

It looks like the list has been pretty busy, so it'll take me  a while till I
can get through our old emails.

Hugs to all,

Barbara Alma