Hi,  When I first went into the  hospital 9/05 the doctors didnt know what
the heck I had.  So they started  me on IVIG.   They thought I might have
Guilliame Barre  Syndrome.  I was on it for 5 days - 3 bottles a day.  Very
fine
hospital (teaching hospital) on Long Island in New York.  The entire
neurological staff could not give a diagnosis - They thought this would help if
 I had
GBS -   I was on high dose steroids too.  I was fully  covered for this, havent
paid one medical bill in the nearly 2 years but of  course I am on Medicare
and AARP as supplementary insurance.  No one has  since suggested that I go on
this treatment again and I have seen many other  neurologist since then,
including going to the Cleveland  clinic.  Conclusion by most of them is either
spinal cord stroke or  TM.  It all ends up as spinal cord damage anyway.
HOpe this  helps.
     Stay well,  Rosalie