From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] transverse myelitis

Hi,  When I first went into the hospital 9/05 the doctors didnt know
what the heck I had.  So they started me on IVIG.   They thought I might
have Guilliame Barre Syndrome.  I was on it for 5 days - 3 bottles a
day.  Very fine hospital (teaching hospital) on Long Island in New York.
The entire neurological staff could not give a diagnosis - They thought
this would help if I had GBS -   I was on high dose steroids too.  I was
fully covered for this, havent paid one medical bill in the nearly 2
years but of course I am on Medicare and AARP as supplementary
insurance.  No one has since suggested that I go on this treatment again
and I have seen many other neurologist since then,   including going to
the Cleveland clinic.  Conclusion by most of them is either a spinal
cord stroke or TM.  It all ends up as spinal cord damage anyway.  HOpe
this helps.
     Stay well, Rosalie

See what's free at AOL.com
<http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503> .