BALANCE - at least I can still spell it.  Sometimes I find myself going back 2
or 3 steps before I can go forward 1 step.  I don't use a cane in the house
unless its a REALLY bad day.  But, THANK GOD for walls and furniture - I
usually have a bruise on my shoulders from careening off the walls.  I moved
here in September and I'm sure some of my neighbors thought I was the biggest
drunk they ever saw and a VERY SLOW drunk at that!  I maybe slow, and I may
stumble, stagger, and bounce off walls, but I evntually get to where I'm going.

I'm having my carpeting removed because I keep spilling things and I can't keep
the carpet clean because vacunming is just too much for me let alone a carpet
cleaner!  I sure can't afford a carpet cleaner to come in every week or two.

The balance thing is an issue with me because I use to do ballroom dancing.  I
still turl but not intentionally. (My PT said that the dancing that I use to do
may be why my balance is better than she expected).  One day instead of just
being able to spin on my toes as I use to do to change direction, I had my
"bad" leg planted and used my "good" leg to do a circle with very small steps!
I just had to laugh at myself - it was as if my "bad" leg was glued to the
floor!

I've found that I have to concentrate and focus on where I'm going - it seems
to help my balance!  But, if I let just one more thought into my head, I start
staggering, stumbling and careening off the walls.  I sure can't multi-task
anymore especially when I'm walking!

Well, I've bent your ear enough.

Prayers and thoughts,
Candy K.