Hi,  I have a Jazzy wheelchair and  it is a life saver.  I also have a manual
chair which my therapists really  wanted me to use to keep upper body
strength and perhaps I would walk with my  walker more.  However, at this point
in my
life I have to make things  easier for me and my husband.
    I use the power  chair to get me in my van so that I can drive myself
anywhere I want to  go.   The arms go up and the chair also lifts up so that I
can reach  more things.  It allows me to use both arms to do things because
when
I  have a walker I still have to hold on with one hand.  I cannot stand alone
 without holding on to something.
    Also, with the  manual chair you have to use 2 arms to get around.  With
the power chair  only one hand is used so that you can hold onto something in
your other hand and  move about from one room to another (like the glass of
wine I have  everyday).
    I had to have  something repaired on the chair the other day and I went
to the showroom.   You cannot imagine all the varieties of chairs that are out
there.  You  really need someone like a therapist to tell you which is the
best one for  you.
    HOpe this  helps,   Rosalie