Hi Grace,
  Yes, your answer helped very much.  In fact, I just read all about it in the
Mayo Clinic website.   You have 3 segments (lesions) affected in your cord you
say, and yet you have neither TM or MS.  It's all very complicated but in my
simple understanding, all of these conditions/syndrome are connected in a way,
with variables.  I mean involvement of the immune system and inflammation.  And
last but not least, no cure.  For now.
  You sound like you're very familiar with medical termilogogy.  Have you've
worked in the medical field?  Perhaps you could tell me how one knows one has
an attack.  I always feel awful.  Do I need an MRI to answer the question.  How
do you know?
  Grace, you have a lot on your plate.  I  WISH  YOU  WELL!  I really do.