Gary,

  I'm on valium.............others had talked about it and only after I was
given 5mg prior to an MRI, did I ask my doctor for a prescrip........now I'm
beginning to have spasms, pain, signs of Hermite's again but hate to ask to up
my prescrip as I know that I've become tolerant to the point where this level
is no longer sufficient, but I know that I'll just reach that point again and I
don't want to get up to the level that I'm goofy(-ier) than normal! for those
who know me!)
  I've tried many things but side effects etc have kept me off anything
permanently until I started the Valium, only 5 mg,  I'm aware that I could go
up some without keeping me
  from my activities, but I hate to start that route!!
  I'm one of those who're called the walking wounded, I was a complete to the
t8 when
  tm came to stay and then with therapy I regained the use of my legs, learned
to walk
  again and after trying other meds, I went for years with nothing for pain
until I started the Valium.  I take it at bedtime and it still does some
good............

  Hope this has helped!  janh
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
          I am out here.  I guess for the moment we are all just enduring the
symptoms of TM and busy with getting on with life .

  But since I'm writing, let me just ask.  Is anyone else using valium to help
with spasms?

  This is what my primary physician prescribed at the onset of TM.

  Since then, my neurologist had me on Dantrium which didn't seem to prevent
spasms, then the same with Baclofen but 5mg Valium (Diazepam) taken would
eventually stops the spasms so Ican go to sleep or at least sit comfortably.
Now it seems as if I need to take one more often than I have been.

  My prescription  calls for  one tablet twice a day--should I try to get my
doctor to prescribe them more often, or see my neurologist to and try Baclofen
again or is there something else?  Your thoughts.
  Gary in Michigan