Hi Mindy
Welcome to a special group of people.  My lesion was at c4-c6, however, I don't
remember having the LHermittes sign. Six months after TM I thought  a new
neurologist didn't believe me when he asked three times if I felt the sharp
tingling when I bent my head down.  I do sometimes get the shocking feeling
when I reach for an object and my hand jerks back.  My fingers always have a
slight buzz that I'm able to ignore and I have reduced use in the last three
fingers of both hands.  This is a long way from the fists that I experienced
when TM visited me almost 4 years ago.  Most of of us continued to improve for
several months and even years after the initial onset of TM so there is hope
that your LHermittes will become less severe or subside.
I visited your web sites and saw the beautiful work you do.  Wow!
Patti - Michigan

---- Lawrence King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Hello everyone,
I guess I’m ready to introduce myself.  I just got the results of my
3rd MRI and the evidence clearly supports my June 25th 2007 TM
diagnosis.  My attack happened around the 7th of March 2007.  It
started with numbness and tingling in my legs for a few of days with
the sense that a couple of times I thought my legs might give out on
me.  I blamed it all on the fact that my time spent on the computer had
quadrupled the same week and because I had a lumpectomy (not
cancerous!) scheduled on the 15th of March.

Began to feel a tingling sensation when I tipped my head down a few
days before surgery and blamed it on the lack of sleep and the stress
and fear of surgery.  Didn’t notice much beyond the pain and bruising
of having a ¼ cup of breast tissue scooped out for the next week but
when that pain subsided I felt a continuous sense of shivering or
buzzing and an electrical shock down to my finger tips and toes every
time I tipped my head down with excessive tingling down my left arm.
We now know the name for this symptom is called Lhermitte’s sign.

Did not get to see a Neurologist until May1.  At first the surgery
department was blamed for giving me a “stinger” neck injury while under
anesthesia.  Then an MRI revealed a mass or lesion at the c4/c5 level,
MS, tumors and TM were all considered.  A lumbar puncture did not show
evidence of a tumor, cancerous or otherwise but proteins associated
with an attack of the myelin sheath were found.  MS was dismissed
because of my age (46) and absolute absence of lesions in my brain.  My
slow onset, extenuating circumstances and lack of dramatic symptoms
made for a drawn-out diagnosis.

I’ve never had walking difficulties nor many of the other issues TM
survivors face and after reading these posts for the last few months I
think I have no right to complain even though electrocuting yourself
every time you tip your head down is no fun, found Lyrica on my own and
asked my doctor for it but I’m wondering if there is something better
I’d also love to hear if anyone else has had Lhermittes sign and if
their symptoms improved over time?

Mindy the Artisan

Mindy King
www.chairweaver.com