Mindy,

Your Neurologist is just wrong about not expecting to have any  further
improvement past the six months of onset, especially if you've already  had
improvement prior to that point.  There are many of us who have gotten
improvement
at two years and past that.  They may be small, but every bit  is so important
to us, and is so appreciated.  It comes from hard work  though, and that means
therapy, in the centers and home as well.  That  doctor just isn't interested
in treating you for some reason, which is very  sad.

Please tell your PCP (also friend) to look at the TMA website  and she'll
find some good information there about treating people with TM.   I am not
sure,
but I would think that she should be able to refer you  for PT if she is the
doctor treating you.  If there is a question with the  insurance company, she
should be able to answer anything they need, including  the Neurologists
unwillingness to continue treating you.

I wish you good luck with this, but you have got to be your  own advocate for
this.   Sometimes you just have to remain firm and  make things happen for
yourself or it just doesn't happen.  Don't give  up!

Hugs, Barbara A