I also have this electric pain and I have had it long before my dx of TM. I
tell doctors about this and they just look at me like I am an idiot. I've not
hear of other TM'rs talk about this type of pain before. It is my single most
disturbing aspect of the condition. This week, while I was working with
students (I teach) I had an intense shock hit me in my lower back and across my
gluts left and right from my spine - it hit so hard that I yelled out - which
shocked everyone - I was about to explain when it hit again - and again and
agian - all i could do was sit down and griemence. I usually get these in my
chest and I've had them since about 19years of age. my neuro psyc says that I
am a hypercondriac. - well, call me whatever - just get rid of the d&*( pain!

  Have you learned WHY the electric pain - obviously no one has told you how to
get rid of it - but i sure would like to find that out too

  thanks for sharing

Lawrence King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Steven,
It's the one year anniversary of my TM attack and I was affected at
C4-C5. I guess it would qualify as a semi acute attack as my symptoms
developed slowly and I never lost mobility or even urinary/bowel
control though it does take more effort these days, what I did develop
was neuropathic pain from the chest down: feels like I'm being
electrocuted 24/7. My pain has never improved and is not likely to and
my balance is poor.

To avoid burning sensation I have given up all soda and limit juice to
a small cup a day. I find I can handle coffee if I drink a lot of
water. I also take vitamin C at night to acidify the urine and reduce
my chances of developing an infection. Hope this helps......
Mindy the Artist

On Mar 2, 2008, at 9:31 PM, Larry Throne wrote:

> Welcome to the family Steven! You'll find a lot of love and
> understanding here. Where are you from? Maryland?
>

>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
>>
>> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:06:18 +0000
>>
>> Subject: [TMIC] Unidentified subject!
>>

>> My name is Steven Jabs I am 34 years old.  I have TM since 2003 I was
>> affected from the chest down and lost my breathing.  I was treated at
>> John Hopkins by Dr. Kerr.  I currently walk with a cane.  I have
>> bladder problems and allot of burning. I would like to talk to people
>> who also have TM.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mindy King
www.chairweaver.com
(740) 662-2001