I agree. Go to a nursing home & spend a little time with some of those folks.
Talk with the staff. Most of them have family, they just never go visit. Out of
sight, out of mind!

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 23:38:14 -0500From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: [TMIC] Unidentified subject!

I agree with you Larry.  Stress does kill but not only the stress, I think any
major illness also makes others, not only strangers but also "love" ones
nearest you,  look at themselves and realize how vulnerable they and their own
lifes' are to the unknown and it really scares them!  Whenever faced with
adversity of any kind comes the "fight or flight" response.  Sorry to say, I
think most people choose the flight response - our society is known as the
"throw away" society.

----- Original Message -----From: "Larry Throne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>To: [EMAIL
PROTECTED], "TM" <tmic-list@eskimo.com>Sent: Thursday, March 6, 2008 9:07:51 PM
(GMT-0600) America/ChicagoSubject: RE: [TMIC] Unidentified subject!

Steve, Sorry to hear that you've experienced marital problems. With TM or any
other life altering event there is a lot of stress. Stress kills. It kills
people, marriages, hope, understanding and love. Your right that being a good
father is the important thing. But you've got to remember that requires taking
care of your self. Have you thought about seeking help? Seeing a therapist? Is
there a single parents group in your area? Your church?

Many years ago I was writing a paper on persons with spinal cord injury and
relationships. I don't remember the exact numbers but I was surprised to find
out that when it is the male that is injured, the relationship usually ends
within the first 18 months. Something like 70% of the time. But when it is the
female, only about 8% of the relationships end during the same time frame.
Hmmmmmm

I know that doesn't help much but it does show that it may not have been you.
It was the TM.

Get out, find someone that cares. Your the captain of your boat.

Larry in Oklahoma who is so thankful it didn't snow!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 00:13:02
+0000Subject: [TMIC] Unidentified subject!
Just wondering if due to TM if anybody has had problems in there marriage.
Because I got a divorce a year ago.  And today my kids told me that mommy has a
boyfriend. And it hurts really bad, But there's nothing I can do about it!  I
know i'm feeling sorry for myself.  I've gottin good at that over the past
years!  But as long as my kids are happy and i'm a good father that is the
important part.  Right?

                               Steve Jabs from Pa