Since I know Lori, and I know that she has a very important job that requires a
lot of brainwork, I felt that I needed to comment on this.

I manage a medical clinic that also does urinalysis testing for drugs.
Companies send their potential employees in to us to be tested.  We interview
the patient, they fill out a form on which they must disclose any medications
they are taking.  If the test comes up positive for illicit drugs, they need to
give us valid prescriptions for their medications to prove that they are taking
drugs that will mess up illicit drug test results.

Privacy laws do not allow us to disclose the medications to the potential
employers.  Privacy laws also prevent the employer from asking the employee
what medications they are taking.  We are required to send on the test results;
however, we evaluate the results against the prescriptions brought in to us,
and our report will state that the test was a "false positive" due to legal
meds that caused it.  That should suffice for an employer, and nothing needs to
be explained further to them.

There are medications, such as anti-depressants, that will cause a positive
result for cocaine use.  So, if you are being successfully treated for
depression, should you be discriminated against if you tested positive for
cocaine use?  I think not.

I hope this clarifies the issue.
Take care,
Debbie