I have asked this question myself but not as well-worded.

  I have often asked myself this question. I had been in an auto accident 3-4
years prior that caused damage to my C-6 and C-7 and mid t range. However, the
accident has been ruled out as a significant factor. I am going to bone doctor
next week because I have now developed athritis throughout my spine. My x-rays
and MRI's after the accident showed NO bone problems other than two broken
bones in the neck and a lot of tissue damage.

  Three weeks before the TM - i was in the National Forest and got eaten up by
mosqitoes. I counted about 19 bites on my right pinky alone. Three days later,
I got a flu-like illness and put me in bed for three days. I basically SLEPT
three days of my life away and woke only briefly during that time to a volume
of sweat. I had a fever, cold chills, and no energy. I was also in such a fog
that I bearly remember those days. I was so sick at school that i could not see
to walk and I had horrible blurred vision.

  My first neurologist believes my TM was caused from a virus that attacked at
the lowest areas of my spine. Later, the damage showed up on future MRI proving
him right about the damaged area.

  My first neuro believed that I had/have early MS and that the lumbar puncture
didn't reveal this factor because it was taken at a higher area than were the
problem might be. He also suggested that the three lesions in the left side of
my brain were indicators to early MS and he believed that I was experiencing
multiple mylopothy / demylination but that it didn't show on the MRI film and
that the treatments stopped it from continuing. The MS dianosis was dropped
after future MRI's showed that the lesions were gone and had not left scar
tissue in my brain but the TM stuck because the "increased signals" and
evidence of nervous tissue imflamation was still appareant along with the
symptoms- eventhough I am improving.

  Other than this, I had foot drop in 1993, 12 years prior to my presenation of
TM.

  This was A BRIGHT idea!!

  THis is how we should be using this email communication.

  Good research.