My TM got me in the first week of March nine years ago. I had had a nasty
case of bronchitis at least two months before TM hit. A miscarriage about 6
weeks prior to TM and a root canal just a week or two before TM. Obviously
this was not the best winter for me.  I did not take antibiotics  for either
the bronchitis or the root canal.  I had a mild case of TM but with a fairly
rapid onset of 24 to 36 hours. Interestingly I have read that an infection
with camplyobacteria jejungi (trust me.. I know I am not spelling that right
LOL) is connected with GBS. I did get camplyobac blah blah blah some years
before TM  presumably from some chicken I ate in a restaurant in upstate NY.
Laura in NC