It's a shame Jude had to put up with poor help in the nursing home, but I was
not surprised to hear it.  When my mother was moved in one after her stroke, it
didn't take me long to realize that they are money making businesses who pay
their help next to nothing, many of them illegals with little English.
Multiple visits, tipping, gifts, nothing made a difference.  She was not a
medical patient.  It was indeed a very difficult and painful time for her and
stressful for me.

That was in Los Angeles in the early 90s.  I'm sure these homes aren't bad
everywhere, but still, I made my children promise that they'd never send me to
a nursing home.  I'd rather die.