It was asymmetrical in my case - higher on the right hip than on the left. The right leg had the severe problems, excess tone that twisted my foot at least 30°, the lessened sensitivity to heat and cold, the screwed up interpretation of sensations. The only effect more severe on the left leg is the knee-jerking spasticity.

Alton Ryder

On May 12, 2008, at 8:0917 PM, Carol wrote:

Hi Alton,
Do you think this could happen and affect only one side of the body? I think this was considered at my initial onset 3 years ago and the docs decided against it.
Carol in Culver, IN

----- Original Message -----
From: Alton Ryder
To: Carol E ; TM List
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Neurontin & Pai

There is another condition that wipes the spinal cord without any evidence of inflammation - a spinal stroke. I believe this happened to me - a small infarction in a branch artery. A piece of tissue the size of a rice grain in a sensory tract died and polluted the neighborhood; in twenty minutes I was paralyzed from the waist down. Took months to recover motor control, and spasticity remains today.

Alton Ryder, nailed in 1997