From: Regina Rummel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [TMIC] Neurologists and MRIs
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 10:41 PM

Krissy, I know exactly what you mean.
That's why I I type a list of my concernsin bold print.I am very specific
She gives me prescriptions
I test them but I usually end up sticking with Neurontin, and take 600mg AM,
600mgPM and 900mg at bedtime.

Neurontin helps me (somewhat) with these yukky sensations Krissy is talking
about.  My neuro tells me I could take 3000mg with no problem.  I don't think
so.......

Now, regarding MRI's expenses.  I think I've already mentioned this but I'll
repeat because it really intrigued me:  At the hospital two years ago, my
roommate was visited by her very loquacious doctor.  Among other things, he was
discussing MRIs and told her point blank that you should shop for them.  Make
calls and negociate until you find one reasonably priced, he said.  Hospitals
and clinics are willing to listen.  It really sounded like he meant it.

Anyone game?  I'd love to hear if it works.