Although I am not sure if your doctor has more in mind or not, the Neti Pot is
great.  I have allergy induced asthma, and hate to take meds year around when I
already take so much with my meds for my TM, so I only take my asthma stuff
when needed.  I am a proud Neti Pot user, and actually have gotten many to use
it as well.  We get a lot of pollen from our oak tree, and it seems to sit in
my nose and throat and work it's way up into my sinuses.  The Neti works so
well, and you get some immediate relief.  Even with a sinus infection, you get
some relief right away.  I don't know of any medication that will give you
that.  I highly recommend it, and hope it'll help you.

GL and Hugs, Barbara A