G'day Sandy,

What great news about Terry!!!!!!!!!  I know how happy you both must be about
this.

I was paralysed from my chest to toes at the onset but regained a small amount
of movement quickly and gradually strengthened over a period of three months.
When I left hospital (after 5 days I had had enough and checked myself out),
the wonderful young intern, Cheryl Syms, gave me these words of advice "Walk,
Gilly, just walk, as much and as often as you can."  That's what I did until
the point of absolute exhaustion, which didn't take much I can tell you.

Into my 8th year, no one would ever say I had a stylish walk but I walk.  I
don't do any other physio and I work out everything for myself.  I use a stick
always and usually about the farm my fave aid is a tree branch, it really is
the most comfortable of all the options.

So, Sandy, from my experience, I would say to Terry, "Walk, Terry, just walk."

big hugs
Gilly

  Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news & more!