  From: Robert Pall
  To: tmic
  Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:59 AM
  Subject: [TMIC] Anybody else been there?

          My wife has been sick for around 5 days with a sore throat/cough (she
is getting better). Anyway she asks me last night if I ever recall her feeling
bad this long..what I should have answered was "no".which is true..but instead
I answered "imagine how it feels to be sick for more than 11 years".her reply
was "why does it always have to be about you?".I apologized and just answered
her question with a resounding NO!

          The point of this story is to show that even the people closest to us
really have no idea how TM effects our daily life. How even the easiest things
are now hard.and for the most part I (we) complain rarely and just go about our
day dealing with our condition to the best of our ability.

          When we had the NJ TM support group on 11/2 I requested that the
TM'rs bring their spouses or parents..hoping hearing from others would
enlighten them in dealing with us. I would never wish TM on anyone (well maybe
Bin Laden) but if our friends and loved ones could feel how we feel for just 5
minutes then they would be able to better relate. This will not happen and that
is why this list and support groups are so important. We have a forum where we
can discuss our TM related problems to people who truly understand!

          Just my thought for the day!

  Rob in New Jersey