I'm very aware of the Vagus nerve issues since I've dealt with it since I
was 12 years old.  It is an issue I worry about especially as I've grown
older and have a heart issue.

One of the issues I've had all along with TM is an occasional bladder
incontinence but with that my bowel stimuli nerve just quit working.  They
gave me a tremendous amount of different types pills in ICU to help me nave
a BM and all that did was make me horribly nauseous and bending over in pain
  They would physically haul me out of bed to the bed side pottie and I
would sit and sit, trying my best to push to where I would just be sopping
wet from sweat. Nothing, so they would haul me back onto the bed and then
the explosion would happen.  It was horrible.  Then they did the exact same
thing in Rehab for two weeks.  The day I got home I took the herb tabs I've
used for years and the very next morning things were perfect.  There is no
nausea nor cramping and no uncontrollable 'explosion'.  Now, that is how it
works for me but it seems to work pretty much across the board with so many
people that use it and my provider and GI doctor seem to think it is an
ideal thing for those of us with chronic constipation.  If you want to know
more, e-mail me personally and I'll tell you about it since I've become a
distributor in order to get a discount on it.  I couldn't live without it
and am so thankful it's even available and this is after literally years of
trying every imaginable thing from the pharmacy.  Sorry for all of the
yakking, everyone...

I hope your mom is doing well, Kevin.  I'm thankful you still have her..
Jeanne in Dayton